Friday, August 26, 2011

Scribbling, Doodling, Zentangling

I have always doodled. I used to get in trouble at school; I'd finish my work, then illustrate it or doodle in the margins. So it was a surprise to me when I discovered that my doodling, or as my husband calls it Scribbling, is now a copyrighted art form. It's called Zentangle and you have to take a class in order to doodle exactly what I did in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Hah.

However, it's a lot of fun so I've tried to follow their rules. *My rule #1 is, learn the rules and then break them. That's what creativity is about!

So. Here are some of my first attempts at zentangle:


I'm not sure why I'm so into letters. I have others I'll share soon.....anyway I found an ATC (Artist Trading Card) group at Swap-bot.com that is currently trading alphabet zentangles. Aha! Perfect! So I drew the "E" above a little smaller and made a Trading card from it. I've been assigned a partner and I'm mailing it out tonight. I'm so excited! Here it is:


Tomorrow I'm going to show you how to make some cool Halloween jewelry. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment