Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Beaded Bead, Part 2

If you read my previous Beaded Bead post, you know that I'm on a mission to find the *perfect* one. Perfect to me means a bead that's gorgeous, incorporates crystals (gotta love that bling!) and can stand on its own with only a few accent beads around it.

So I had the bright idea this weekend to create my own. Bad idea. The reason I've been searching for patterns is this: I know I'm not ready to make my own pattern for it. Here's the end result. You can see that it's complicated, and that I wasn't ready for it. Haha.



My idea was to create a right angle weave row, then sew the crystals onto it and fill in with seed beads. It was fairly quick. I think a lot of the problem is that there are 4 flowers, which makes it (a) not round and (b) leaves me with only 3 "corners" at the top and bottom to fill in with beads.

So if I do it again I'll make 5 or more flower sections and bring the seed beads down further.


In the meantime, I made this one into an earring.


No comments:

Post a Comment